Ndutu Safari, Migration Safari, Calving Season for Zebras and Wildebeests Ndutu
Destinations covered: Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro and Ndutu
Amazing Ndutu Drama is a truly wildlife expedition. Discover the Ndutu Savannah Plains dotted with large herds of wildebeests, zebras, buffaloes, impalas, gazelles and many predators like lions, cheetahs, hyenas and jackals. Witness the birth of new wildebeest calves .Learn and discover the legends of Maasai Culture and get to know what enable them to stay in harmony with wild animals like lions and others.
Day 1: Arusha
Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport-JRO. Meet and Greet with our Representative. Transfer to Mount Meru Hotel for Dinner and Overnight. (Half Board)
Day 2: Tarangire National Park
After breakfast departs to Tarangire National Park for Game Viewing and Photographing with a Picnic Lunch. Famous for its tree climbing pythons, massive baobabs and large herds of elephants, Tarangire National Park is small but still home to a significant wildlife population, with a density of wildlife matched only by Ngorongoro. Dinner and Overnight at Tarangire Sopa Lodge. (Full Board)
Day 3: Lake Manyara National Park
After breakfast departs to Lake Manyara National Park for Game Viewing and Photographing with a Picnic Lunch. Stretching for 50km along the base of the rusty-gold 600-metre high Rift Valley Escarpment, Lake Manyara is a scenic gem, with a setting extolled by Ernest Hemingway as “the loveliest I had seen in Africa”. The Park host larger herds of elephants, buffalos, zebras and many others. Dinner and Overnight at Lake Manyara Serena Safari Lodge. (Full Board)
Day 4: Ngorongoro Conservation Area
After breakfast departs to Ngorongoro for Crater Tour with a Picnic Lunch. The largest collapsed unbroken caldera in the world with high concentration of big game wildlife. The only place on earth where mankind and wild animals co-exist in harmony-The Natural Wonders of the World and World Heritage Site. Dinner and Overnight at Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge. (Full Board)
Day 5: Ndutu-Southern Serengeti.
After breakfast depart to Ndutu, the southern part of Serengeti National Park. Via Olduvai Gorge, “The Cradle of Mankind”. At Olduvai Palaeo-Anthropological diggings and discoveries have taken place over many years, by, among others, the famous husband-and-wife team of Louis and Mary Leakey. After leaving Olduvai we will soon be passing through multitudes of wildebeest en route to the renowned Ndutu Lodge, Tanzania, ideally situated under classic umbrella-thorn acacias in the heart of the southern Serengeti. At this time of year Ndutu buzzes with international photographers and film crews, attracted by the spectacle provided by the wildebeests. Check in and enjoy lunch at Ndutu lodge. Spend the afternoon game driving in the Ndutu area. Dinner and Overnight at Ndutu Safari Lodge. (Full Board)
Days 5 – 6: Ndutu-Southern Serengeti
The next 2 days will be spent exploring the grassy plains and woodlands in the area, tracking the massed herds of wildebeest and zebra, watching the birth of new calves and seeking predators such as lion, cheetah and hyena on the hunt. The area also teems with other wildlife, including elephants, eland, various gazelle species, Kirk’s Dik-dik, giraffe and, if we’re lucky, the elusive leopard. Dinner & overnight at Ndutu Safari Lodge. (Full Board)
DAY 7: Arusha
After breakfast, transfer to Ndutu Airstrip for the Flight to Arusha. Transfer to KIA Lodge for Lunch. Afternoon at Leisure. Late evening transfer to Kilimanjaro International Airport –JRO for your International flight, back home. (Half Board)
– Vehicles 4×4 Land Cruiser equipped for safari
– English speaking qualified driver guide and cook.
– Park fees for all National Parks mentioned on the itinerary
– Full board during the safari (exclusive of drinks in the hotels) and Bed & Breakfast in the city of Arusha
– Mineral water during safari 1.5 liter per person.
– International flights home / Tanzania / home
– Entry visa to Tanzania
– Tips and personal requirements.
– Travel insurance, repatriation/ transportation expenses in case of emergency and personal first-aid kit
– In general, any other service not specified at INCLUSIVE OF
– Balloon safari in Serengeti: $545 per person
– This quotation will not be valid in case of changes in the itinerary and a new quotation will be needed.
– The itinerary is provisional and could suffer changes during the safari when circumstances may force them.
– In case of an increment in parks taxes or accommodation within a year, Sunset Africa Ltd. will have the right to ask for the difference in price PER PERSON in relation to the quotation.