lake natron Safari, oldoinyo lengai trekking, 4 days lake natron and oldoinyo lengai safari
Lake Natron Safari and Oldoinyo Lengai Climbing to the coldest Volcano in Tanzania, Visiting Meteorite Craters, Salt Pans of Lake Natron and Flamingo Breeding grounds.
Day 1: Arusha – Lake Natron.
Depart from Arusha with picnic lunch boxes to Lake Natron Area via Mto Wa Mbu. On the way stopping at Engaruka Irrigation ruin. This is one of the oldest irrigation systems to be found in Africa, as of the date it is not known who had constructed it. From Engaruka proceed to a Meteorite crater known by the Maasai tribesman as Shimo la Mungu, from here then move to Lake Natron Bush Camp for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Lake Natron – climb Mt Oldonyo Lengai (Mountain of the Maasai gods)
At 2:00 a.m. client will start your climb to the peak of Oldonyo Lengai – still an active volcano! Please strictly comply with instructions of your guide! The chance of seeing eruptions or effluents of cold lava (black and about 500°C) is colossal. Clients will have a fantastic and unique view from the peak! Clients can see the Kitumbeine, Kerimasi and Empakai Crater and by luck Mt. Meru too. Like a Fata Morgana Lake Natron lies beneath clients feet. Return to Lake Natron Bush camp, the day is spent resting in the camp, and then in the afternoon clients will carefully walk to a gorge. After 30 minutes clients will reach a place which you would never have expected in this dry and desert-like area: waterfalls, natural Jacuzzi and palms! Clients will feel like in paradise! Returning to Camp for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Lake Natron Activity
After breakfast on this day of safari clients will proceed with the lake activity and waterfalls. Visit Masai village and have your lunch. Later drive back to the camp for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Lake Natron – Arusha.
On this, forth day of safari clients will drive back to Arusha or continue with there on going safari.
– Vehicles 4×4 Land Cruiser equipped for safari
– English speaking qualified driver guide and cook.
– Park fees for all National Parks mentioned on the itinerary
– Full board during the safari (exclusive of drinks in the hotels) and Bed & Breakfast in the city of Arusha
– Mineral water during safari 1.5 liter per person.
– International flights home / Tanzania / home
– Entry visa to Tanzania
– Tips and personal requirements.
– Travel insurance, repatriation/ transportation expenses in case of emergency and personal first-aid kit
– In general, any other service not specified at INCLUSIVE OF
– Balloon safari in Serengeti: $545 per person
– This quotation will not be valid in case of changes in the itinerary and a new quotation will be needed.
– The itinerary is provisional and could suffer changes during the safari when circumstances may force them.
– In case of an increment in parks taxes or accommodation within a year, Sunset Africa Ltd. will have the right to ask for the difference in price PER PERSON in relation to the quotation.